OUR HISTORY

International History

Executive Women International® (EWI) was established in California in 1938 when Lucille Johnson Perkins recognized the importance and potential of an association of key women working with their executives to promote their firms and improve their community. On April 29th of that year, Articles of Incorporation were filed with the State of California under the name of Executives' Secretaries, Inc.

Executive Women International  was recognized in the September 1996 issue of Money Magazine as one of the top twelve scholarship opportunities in the nation. This was for the EWISP (EWI Scholastic Program - scholarships to encourage, motivate and assist high school juniors pursuing a four year college degree).

In May 1939, the Los Angeles business community recognized the value of such an organization, and that city's chapter was chartered, and EWI was on its way. Since then, additional cities throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe have joined, forming a prestigious and exclusive networking organization of key firms and individuals.

The organization achieved its "international" status when the first Canadian chapter was chartered in Calgary, Alberta in August 1964.
During the 30th Annual Meeting of the corporation (May 1977), the organization's name was changed to "Executive Women International." This change reflects the international expansion of the organization and recognizes the changing roles of women in business and the diverse careers held by its representatives.

Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, EWI has more than 75 Chapters located across the United States, Canada, and Europe. With 3,000 companies and 3,500 representatives, EWI is the leading connection for business professionals.


EWI of Chattanooga | P.O. Box 11522 | Chattanooga, TN  37401 | Contact
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software